View Single Post
Old 07-28-20, 04:31 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by Senior Vagabond
I am still using my 13 year Bell and 12 year-old Giro bike helmet. They still fit and look good. If you read info from the helmet manufacturers and safety standards group I need to replace them with a MIPS helmet. What do there's use and think about the longevity of your lids?
Manufacturers are doing their job of providing adequate warnings. I’ve crashed twice and cracked two helmets using the technology you are currently wearing. Both times the helmet did a marvelous job and I limped away with no head injuries. If your helmet is still structurally sound my opinion is you’re good with what you have. If you have a history of concussions I’d think about replacing it with new the technology. The additional cost of the new helmets is just not a show stopper.

Now if you’re constantly racing down Caesars Head, Paris Mountain, Callahan Mtn Road etc. you probably want to get all the additional protection you can get!!!

Last edited by jppe; 07-28-20 at 08:28 PM.