Old 04-09-19, 08:06 PM
seau grateau

Bikes: Litespeed Catalyst, IRO Rob Roy, All City Big Block

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked 398 Times in 194 Posts
Originally Posted by SirSoyrizo
IMHO i think the Soma is great. I've not had any issues at all with it and I've been riding this bike pretty consistently for about 2 years now and it's still holding up well with no issues at all. I'm not sure what your other choice of bike is but I think the Rush can hold it's own against any other steel fixed gear frame out there depending on what parts you put on it. There may be a few other more "columbus steel and lugged frames" out there but for the price at the time when I bought it was perfect. I go pretty hard on this bike and it still holds up perfectly.. One thing that sets it apart for me was the threaded headset. I just have a thing for quill stems so I went for it and bought it. Been happy ever since. Just curious but what is your plan A bike?
Plan A is a Big Block, just waiting to see if the shop can get one in my size (stock is apparently super low, so it might be a long wait if there aren't any floating around now). The Soma seems pretty similar as far as geometry and tire clearance, so it's my second choice. I'm not really a fan of threaded setups, but it's not a dealbreaker either.