View Single Post
Old 11-24-14, 06:44 AM
southpawboston

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Roger M
That is a really slick looking build, southpawboston. From the color(and matched pump), to the parts chosen, as well as a good fender fit, among other things. I'm looking forward to finished pictures. What do you think of Jeff Lyon's work? I rode with a guy a couple weeks ago who was riding a Lyon frame with a wishbone seat stay. Very nice bike, and way fast rider.
Thanks, Roger. The front fender needs work, it's a little short radiused near the bottom. The fender came new with a slight twist, which is difficult to resolve. One side looks perfect, the other doesn't. If I correct that side, the other goes off. I have plenty of time to tackle that, but the weather was nice for a photo op the other day, so it emerged from the dungeon for the first time.

I've only ever seen one other Jeff Lyon in the flesh, and it was his "budget" model like mine-- a L'Avecaise. I was pretty impressed with the workmanship, enough to order this one. Some details give away that this is not a full-blown constructeur bike, such as the socketed dropouts and simple bridges-- these save time for the builder. But then there are all these other really amazing little touches that he does that point to him being a really high end builder. And his brazing is really beautiful. The paint is by Keith Anderson.