azesty
Hot in China

Bikes: Giant Lava

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bounced off the road today...

Was riding home from work early, and decided to go on a route I dont ride that often.

I was turning left at an intersection (drive on the right here in China) and watching cars, not the road.

Felt the bike buck, and suddenly I was on the ground feeling sore. Noticed bits of my bike computer on the ground first. Looked around to see if there were any cars coming, none, then looked to see if I had embarrased myself in front of anybody. I had. Lots of cars waiting at the lights, and a few pedestrians as well. Picked up the bits of my computer, and my bike and walked to the sidewalk, feeling my head a bit wonky, and a bit of pain in my back.

Chain had come off, left brake handle bent, but still good, gave it a very good squeeze. Fixed the former, and hoped the latter was good enough. Some blood seeping through my long bike pants on my right knee.

Rode home, I was less than 3 km from work, so still had 9 to go.

Some skin missing from my knees, a bit from my right shoulder, and a nice bit missing from my left elbow. Still a little back pain, hoping that will go away. Nice scrape on the corner of my B17, on the opposite side of the one the thief made when he fell off after I chased him down.

I had a camera, iPhone and iPod all in Pelican cases, all good. Kindle in a cover, inside a waterproof bag with a nice air cushion was also good.

That is 5 falls in China in 15,000 km, so about one every 3000 km. No lasting damage so far

z