Thread: Bike Repairs
View Single Post
Old 09-07-19, 04:18 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by MAK
Some of these answers are ridiculous. We don't know what level of experience the OP has with bikes. The OP is simply doing research and asking experts for their opinions based on experience which is valid research. Asking questions to form baseline knowledge which leads to in depth research is certainly recognized as appropriate.

Perhaps someone who wants to write about the effects of combat on soldiers post combat psyches shouldn't interview soldiers but should enlist, volunteer for combat and then write. Reporters shouldn't ask sources for information nor should they interview witnesses and victims. if they want to know about conditions in jail they should get arrested. If they want to know about criminal assault, they should get beaten up. Maybe the OP should buy a bike and ride until it needs a repair (perhaps years later) and then report. Again...RIDICULOUS!

The REAL SPAM ON THIS SITE is the non-responsive posts that merely criticize but ADD NOTHING to the discussion.

BTW...I'm a university professor who has done and sponsored research so I write from fact based experience, not opinionated supposition.

+1 on the suggestion that the OP post to the bike mechanic forum instead.
We actually don't have to engage in too much supposition because OP clearly identified what he's doing this for. This is basically a high school level project that British schools use to certify students. So this is a kid asking questions to get informed on a subject we presumably know something about. I don't get what is supposed to be wrong with that. I did find it funny that this is the second kid to start a thread on this assignment, but otherwise I don't see why people can't just choose whether or not to respond to the question without getting huffy about it.

Silly responses, however, are always welcome.
Likes For livedarklions: