Old 09-22-19, 10:54 AM
Lab4Us

Bikes: Trek Dual Sport 3 in Volt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Helmet Question - No Answer in Search

New to biking, after 45 years since last rode. When I bought bike, picked up a size large Bontrager Quantum. My head is 24” even (60.96 cm). The large is for 58mm-63mm, whereas their XL is for 60mm-66mm. Adjusted, the large seems to fit, but feels awkward on my head. I can adjust the boa system (which I had to spread apart vertically) tighter after I place helmet on my head and it stays in place. The thing that concerns me is the adjustment wheel sits on top of my occipital lobe instead of beneath where the instructions say the wheel should rest. Can’t see any way to make the wheel lower on the back of my head after I vertically expanded the boa system without tilting helmet back on head, which isn’t a proper fit.

I can shake my head in all directions and helmet doesn’t move, but does the inability to place the boa adjustment wheel as instructions indicate mean that I might need an extra large helmet instead? The large is approx 2 cm bigger than my head at max end, whereas the XL is approx 1 cm smaller than my head at the low end.

Or am I over thinking all this and since helmet stays in place when boa tightened, the location of boa doesn’t matter?