Old 03-26-20, 08:33 PM
TriBiker19 
Just call me Carrie

Bikes: '82 Fuji Supreme, '85 Shogun 200, '89 Centurion Ironman Master, '89 Centurion Ironman Expert

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 105 Posts
Help me out guys. I have a Shogun 500 that was serviced recently but does need new tires and pedals--I'm lending it to a friend for her first triathlon. (No time soon because she's positive for the virus and in quarantine currently). What should I look for in a general/neutral pedal and an okay tire? The pedals on this bike were obviously clips with leather straps which were stripped so they're incredibly uncomfortable to ride. But it's a fun bike and I get a kick out of having a "sleeper" rider because it's basically a race touring bike. I kinda love it. It's the bike I ride when my kids want to go out.

And my second question...I have the Blue Smoke in the trainer (a fluid Cycleops) and I find that when I start a ride, it's noisey and I need to adjust my shifter for the crank. Is this normal or should I do something to stop this from happening? It's not a big deal, but my husband has complained about it the other day. (I wear an earbud in the only ear I can hear from so I don't notice it.)

Sorry for the silence. I have kids who are now "remote learning", a tax practice, and a husband who is working from home full time. Did I mention that my pool is closed until at least three weeks before my race? I'm not going to meet the cutoff for swim for my 5/30 race. Swim has always been my worst sport.