View Single Post
Old 05-15-20, 09:38 AM
jc907

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dsaul
Its a well constructed, lightweight, aluminum frame. The 1 1/8" head tube is a bit restrictive, as most modern forks are tapered. The head tube angle is also quite steep by modern standards, but it should make a nice MTB or hybrid style bike with a short travel fork or a suspension corrected rigid fork.
Thanks again dsaul.

I am currently making this into a general purpose everyday rider using as much from my old '94 GT Tequesta as I can and replacing the rest with items that are as light weight as possible (while staying low budget) to take advantage of the weight savings this frame has over the old GT frame which is substantial.

So far, the wheels, brakes, shifting system, drive train and pedals have mostly been saved with the only exception being replacement of the front derailleur. The original did no fit the seat tube and this frame is designed to have a top fed cable for that derailleur. I replaced it with a Shimano Alivio. It's cheap, seems to be reliable according to user reviews and fits perfectly. Otherwise, everything else is being replaced and I plan to convert the tires to tubeless.

I've purchased all the parts and while it did come out costing almost as much as a whole new bike with this frame would have cost back in 2014 (just over $200!), I'll have something unique and built as I want it that'll probably weigh a bit less.