Old 05-17-20, 09:11 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
New A&S Sticky Suggestion
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Wearing head/earphones. Helmets have their own sticky. This topic is worthy of one as well. Here is latest thread in General:

https://www.bikeforums.net/general-c...eadphones.html

Like dog threads, they usually end badly[.
Originally Posted by BillyD
The staff has determined that despite the fact this is a familiar topic and is usually beaten to death, there’s just no compelling reason to make a sticky for it.

As usual, if a user finds a topic tiresome they should just move on and find another thread to their liking.
Speaking of stickies, there was a unique feature of the Fifty-Plus Forum that IMO deserved a sticky:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
”50+ the way that it used to be”

What has captivated me most about Fifty-Plus beside the general milieu are (were) the Annual rides begun in 2010 up though last year. I have ridden in five of them, and have compiled the personal narratives of all the Rides on the thread, "A Chronicle of the 50+ Annual Rides".

I myself think this so-called "way it used to be" ended with the Fourth Annual Ride in Tennessee. BTW, @billydonn [now deceased] was on that one

Another change IMO is the seeming disappearance of self-identified females from those good old days. Miss Kenton, Miss Jean, and Beverly come immediately to mind as the Women of Fifty-Plus, since I have met them all in person. I considered Miss K the doyenne of the Forum with her savvy and witty posts
… Myself and a few other Fifty-Plus subscribers [including the Kentons] have been together on a few, some up to about four of the preceding eight [Fifty-Plus Annual] rides, but it seems that the idea of Fifty-Plus Annual Rides has been waning recently
FYA, there is a Fifty-Plus thread, "A Chronicle of 50+ Annual Rides" that lists all the participants, venues, and postings of those gatherings. It used to be a “sticky” but was mysteriously and unceremoniously dumped.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 05-17-20 at 10:08 AM. Reason: addeed quote by indyfabz