Old 11-11-19, 07:42 AM
TinyBear

Bikes: Giant Boulder SE, Giant Seek1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
I failed this year. Ideas to succeed next?

This past summer was to be my return to cycling after a forced time away. But sadly I failed. I could make excuses that I was busy with my young daughter and that the pain was too intense from injuries that still plague me (left leg was nearly severed in a motorcycle accident in 2012 which is incidentally the last time I took cycling seriously). But the fact of the matter is simply I got Lazy and found reasons not to get out and keep trying.

I will say the few rides I did last year were HARD and they were painful but I think part was trying too much. Hills and wind damn near kill any momentum I have. More than I ever remember.

But as my daughter is getting older I hope to teach her to ride and be able to enjoy that with her. I NEED to succeed and get back at it. Weight wise I’m back down to and holding steady at 260lbs which is essentially where I left off pre accident.

At home on tbe the stationary bike I was doing well and doing 30mins a day 5 days a week of easier lower resistance riding. But out on the streets and trails it’s a completely different experience.

Im planning to sell my one trail motorcycle as a push to get back into the woods on pedal power. And am contemplating a E Mountain bike to easy the effort needed but also am seeing some sticker shock with those bikes and feel like it’s a bit of a cheat.

Any advice for a struggling lazy big dude to get back at it. Would an e bike really negating the fitness benefits of riding. Or is there some sort of off season training better than my stationary bike to consider to help out with next season.