Old 12-06-19, 01:21 AM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
Don't beat yourself up. I go to a nutrition class for overweight people and the teacher emphasizes to us that if we didn't lose weight in the last week that is still a positive. Resetting goals and aspirations is hard to accept but realistic goals have to be sought out so that you can get the exercise you need. Your work is hard physical work in and of itself so your exercise should be designed to compliment the major workout you get every day at work. E bikes are used extensively in the Sacramento CA area for commuting. Maybe you could rethink the e bike into a commuter instead of a recreational bike and get your exercise that way during the good weather. I commuted 34 miles round trip to my job for about 15 years. During the later years a light rail line was slowly extended toward my work and the bicycle riding got less and less by using the light rail for part of my commute. This was way cheaper than driving my car at the time. A final thought about raising children. I had to give up almost all my hobbies and concentrate on raising my children when the oldest hit 10 years old. This didn't stop until the last child left home and I was able to go back into my hobbies and recreational bicycle riding. So treasure the children years.