Old 08-19-19, 06:30 AM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1579 Post(s)
Liked 1,187 Times in 604 Posts
Originally Posted by rubynewbie
Apparently so. I really am not sure I was guided in the right direction in the first place. Hence returning it and going a different direction. The more input I got, a lot of it from this forum, suggested maybe a different type of bike might be a better choice to get my feet wet in the cycling world. It seems enthusiasts LOVE the Roubaix however, and after a season or two maybe I will find then is a better time to revisit one.
Three things.

First: you absolutely did not 'overbuy' with the Roubaix you've returned, assuming always that the purchase would have been within your financial comfort zone. I'm with @big john, among others, on that point.

Second, and fwiw, the Cannondale Quick 1 is also a very nice bike, and not all that different: it is a flat-bar road bike, and has quite a bit in common with 'endurance' drop-bar road bikes like the Roubaix. Given your start-point, you'll be able to progress your cycling for quite a while on it, assuming it fits and is correctly fitted to you. At some point you might want a change; with experience, you'll know when.

Third, and most importantly, best of luck with the medical stuff. Ms. Badger has twice fought and beaten cancer (thyroid and later, breast). Her course of treatment for the latter sounds very much like the one you are facing: she's now six years clear.