View Single Post
Old 05-17-19, 02:51 AM
Rooni

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brawlo
Your physiology says, you've got big gains ahead, so grab the bull by the horns and immerse yourself.

From your program standpoint, you have a lot of workload in there. You're young-ish, so you could be handling it ok, but I would consider splitting it up with a day or 2 of recovery work in there. Keep up the cardio work as well, and don't underestimate just how fit you need to be to be a good track sprint cyclist.

Get out there and race, race, race. On the track ideally, but shorter crit style races would work well too. Learning how to race is a big part of your development. Looking for cues, watching riders' moves, when to jump, they're all things that come with experience.

Lastly, it sounds like you've got the funds to allow, and so I'd highly recommend touching base with the Black Line Coaching guys (not to be confused with Black Line Sprinting-BLS). I have a friend using their services and they are showing themselves to be extremely knowledgeable.
Thank you for the reply! Definitely ready to grab the bull by the horns so any advice is hugely appreciated.

I am quite used to volume from dancing as that was around 4-6 hours of training a day as well as performances but I do have to be careful as track cycling is all out efforts and with ballet you never could get to 100% effort as your technique would just fall apart.

A friend has recommend crits so that is something I will definitely look into.

I have looked into coaching as it is something I feel I would benefit from and also something I am used to from ballet. Black Line Coaching looks to be very popular and I see a lot of the Lee Valley riders in their skin suits. They have no prices on their website so I imagine it is expensive but I am sure you get what you pay for.