Old 04-06-20, 04:31 PM
hellion14

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
I’m a noob to the forum. Very happy to have found it however. I was researching buying a new bike which led me to consider selling my current road bikes. So I came here looking for value estimates and ended up coming to the realization that I couldn’t part with either. After looking around here I was amazed by some of the builds, so I decided to fix what bugged me about my more current ride, an 02, Cannondale r3000si. Namely the gearing as I spend most of my time climbing. After looking for just a compact crankset, I found that by the time I replaced everything I’d need to I was only a couple hundred bucks away from just getting an entirely new Ultegra groupset with a 52/36 crank and 11-34 cassette. So that’s the direction I went. I know the dale being an 02’ is not quite what this thread is about but I’ll post pics before and after if I’m welcome to do so.

But, now my wheels are really turning about my 87’ Panasonic DX5000. I want to make this a bigger project. So with inspiration from here I’m going to start acquiring those parts for a future build. The bike is still beautiful in its standard light purple metallic and white paint, white bar tape and saddle. As such, the modern black wheels and black components aren’t going to look right. Sourcing modern silver polished wheels will be the first order, as I’ll need to fit a modern cassette and I’d like to be able to run at least 28mm tires. Then, I’ll need to acquire a modern drivetrain and set about stripping and polishing the crank at least and maybe some of the other components as well. At the end of the day, I’m here to say thanks for the unspiration. I’ll be back : )

Last edited by hellion14; 04-06-20 at 04:55 PM.