Old 06-18-11, 11:16 PM
Bekologist
totally louche

Bikes: the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BHOFM
As I have said in other threads, we have almost no foot traffic, all side walks are considered
bike paths. Most are very wide.

Lane splitting here would be almost impossible, the streets are narrow and there are trucks
with wide trailers and mirrors.

Passing a stopped car on the right without a lane, is a major no no! One of the few things
a bike will get pulled over for.

This is what most of our side walks look like:

sidewalk, or bonifide MUP? looks like a divided line Multiple use path to be perfectly honest.

arkansas doesn't let bikes share lanes with traffic moving slower that the bicycle by allowing the bike to pass like any other vehicle?

If i ever ride in arkansas, and come up on a line of stopped cars, i'm passing them. vehicles can overtake on the right in arkansas, so long as they do not leave the travelled portion of the roadway in AR. And, in Arkansas, if a bicycle is authorized to use a shoulder, a bicyclist has the legal right to use that portion of the highway for thru travel, thereby allowing a bicyclist clear conscience in Arkansas, to operate on the shoulder to pass a long line of vehicles. the bicyclist may still get a ticket, and cyclists in Arkansas likely need more bicycle specificity in traffic code to allow bikes to pass stopped lines of cars when safe and pavement width of the highway allows it.

Arkansas cyclists, unite for greater allowances for bicyclists in state traffic code. don't know how it would play in the Arkansas assembly though. Bicyclists quasi-suborned to being stopped in traffic, bummer for arkansas riders.

Cars 'share' lanes with bikes ALL THE TIME when they pass us; correspondingly, I share lanes with cars when i pass them.

i always knew Arkansas had some issues with bike traffic.

Last edited by Bekologist; 06-18-11 at 11:39 PM.