Old 11-14-19, 12:41 PM
liampboyle

Bikes: 2007 Kona Caldera

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
You can also get shielded cables that have a plastic tube that houses the tensioned cable runs, and special ferrules to hold that tube at the cable stops. I bought some by mistake a few years ago.

Tundra Man's new fat bike has internal routing of a full length housing for the RD, no FD, and hydraulic brakes. So it's only fully exposed cable right at the RD. My bike is very similar, they are cousins.
Nice.

Evening Commute 11/13/19 32°F - I think my headlight is starting to give up the ghost. Not holding a charge very long, and drivers don't seem to notice me coming towards them as easily. I had a couple close calls with pull-outs on this trip.

Morning Commute 11/14/19 32°F - I was able to do a couple of shifts, before the rear derailleur froze up. Fortunately, I was anticipating that and had gotten to a comfortable gear first.

Since the household's "holiday fund" just opened up repairs can be made soon. I just ordered the new handlebar and as soon as that arrives, I'll take the Kona into the LBS for her new cables. Going to insist on the Jagwire with the lined housing.