Old 12-11-19, 01:45 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by stevel610
you may want to check exactly what you have. With Advantage Plans the cost are not set and often times people get sick and have very high out-of-pocket expenses due to medications therapy Etc.

Secondly if you switch from a supplement to an Advantage HMO you can switch back anytime to the original supplement during the first year. What oftentimes stops people from switching back is they want to switch back when they have a significant medical event and see how exorbitant their costs are going to be but then they don't qualify. Good luck.
Every plan has a maximum annual out of pocket cost - mine is under $5k. The costs are very clearly set, co-pays are enumerated, not a percentage. It could not be clearer. I had kidney stone surgery and it cost me $250 total. The cost of medications are clearly spelled out and one can always shop around for cheaper prices, you can get the prescription from the doctor, you don't have to fill through the HMO care provider. In fact, I have done that where one drug is on a pharmacy $4 generic list so it was cheaper than through my provider. Your information on Advantage plans clearly does not match up with the plans I have investigated or used (Kaiser, Stanford, Canopy, United, Blue Shield).