Old 01-22-20, 05:54 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Cypress
Seattle Forrest has been posting pics of the Mt. Baker highway, so I'd like to hit that at some point...
Not that you could go wrong or have a bad time either way, but I want to save you from a surprise.

I've posted pics of the Mt Baker Highway (532) and the North Cascades Highway (20). I think it's 20 you want to ride. It's been a few years since I've ridden around Baker, and I posted a bunch of pics from the Washington Pass section of Highway 20 last year.

Baker is a volcano like Hood, Adams, or Rainier. Massive ice cap, the volcanic soil makes it a wildflower paradise, snow lingers into early summer which all make for glorious pics. North Cascades Hwy goes by a big glacial lake, and a bunch of craggy, non-volcanic peaks, more of the shark teeth look. Also has snow until June or so, but of course they clear the road so you can ride by and get a picture of your bike leaning against it. I love them both, but I love 20 more.

There's a "share yer pics" thread in foo, here's a link to a page (current one right now) with lots of North Cascades Highway if you want a visual refresher.
Likes For Seattle Forrest: