Thread: Sciatica
View Single Post
Old 01-16-18, 04:31 AM
PaddleFoot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I finally had to have surgery to end my episode of sciatica. I went from #9 and #10 pain to #0 pain when I left the hospital (out patient procedure). I later required 5 steroid shots within one year to stop the recurring post-operative pain episodes, but the surgery was the best thing to ever happen to my back (had a herniated disc). I went to the best surgeon around and he turned me down in the past as he thought I was not ready for surgery back then.

Sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the body and the pain can be agonizing, but usually temporary. 'Temporary' becomes quite subjective when you are in agony! Hang in there, it will run it's course.

I wanted to add one more thing. After back pain agony all my life (I later re-injured my back when I was a primary caregiver), the best thing to prevent back pain has been riding my bicycle. I now literally have only 1-10% of the daily pain level I used to feel before I stared riding again. That is an amazing figure that is not exaggerated. One of the first questions I am asked from old acquaintances is "how's the back?"

Last edited by PaddleFoot; 01-16-18 at 04:39 AM.