View Single Post
Old 05-25-20, 07:05 AM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,024 Times in 723 Posts
I bought a trek Domine the first year they were made and Lance was riding them. Wife and I were both in college and I managed to employee purchase one that was left over at Trek that they were clearancing which they usually don't allow since it was a percentage off the wholesale. It arrived in time to build and then head to my Grandparents in the Catskills to fix a leaky roof from a storm that dropped part of a tree. Had enough time to take it for a nice 45-50mi ride and head home. While I had been gone the wife had been experimenting with baking and the dog got into the garbage and ate something only half baked, by the time I got back it was having issues and the next day went to the vets where it required emergency surgery and a 3 day stay. I had to sell and ship the bike to pay the vet bill as the only money we'd saved went to buy it. So one ride on an awesome bike and then poof, it was gone. Worst part was we were only watching the dog for the week for my wife's cousin and it had a history of doing this.