Old 01-11-21, 07:20 PM
LaVieClaire86

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
High-end Chromoly Frame Makers of the 90s

Hi to the BF Road Bike Board ~ Back in the 90s, when I could still turn a chain ring, I tested out quite a few different bikes in an effort to put together my dream bike. As a Cannondale-Shimano rider, I was very familiar with aluminum frames and, specifically, how fast and stiff they were back in the day. In fact, as I got a bit older, I got tired of feeling every stone in the road, so I began testing alternative frame compositions. I recall taking fairly long trips to test out carbon fiber Kestrel frames and Litespeed titanium frames, but I also recall coming back to some seamless chromoly frame makers who simply made riding comfortable again. The problem is...for all the great comfort and handling that these frames offered -- I cannot, for the life of me, remember what the brand was called? I do, however, clearly recall that they were an expensive American brand -- not Kestrel expensive -- but not far off. Anyway, I thought that it might be fun to start my time on the BF by picking some brains.

Have a good one ~ LVC86

P.S. - We still have (2) Cannondale-Shimano road bikes and (1) Trek-Shimano mountain bike, but I never did realize that dream road bike. It's too bad, too, because I have a brand new Dura Ace groupo stashed aware somewhere that's still looking for a frame.

Last edited by LaVieClaire86; 01-11-21 at 07:36 PM.