Old 08-23-19, 08:44 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Mainly, I want software-controllable resistance. This is what's going to make it fun for spouse. Other things, like more realistic feel are nice, but further down the list. 500 +/- is okay. As for tire wear, my dumb trainer experience with a trainer tire pumped rock hard and not too much pressure has been fairly good. The thing is wearing, but has another season.

Oh, another requirement is the ability to handle the 650b wheels on my wife's bike. They were put on to get 32 mm tires onto her old racing frame.
I've gone through two winters on the Snap. I don't have any experience with a direct-drive trainer to compare it to, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on the Zwift experience with it. It really feels like I'm riding up and down hills on Zwift and getting dropped on group rides for the ultra-realistic experience.

The biggest issue I have is having to clean my FD and replace my chain fairly frequently because a) my basement is damp and b) I sweat a lot. The FD starts sticking and I'm stuck in the big ring. I guess I should get one of those sweat thong thingies that stretches from your bars to the seat post but meh.