View Single Post
Old 09-24-19, 10:40 AM
Maslin

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Heard back from Trek, it was indeed a "custom" ordered bike.

"Alright, so after some digging, I have a little more info for you here. In 2005 (I only have a spec manual and not a catalog for ‘04,) our LeMond catalog has a customization program advertised. Essentially, you chose your frame between either the titanium or steel option, then you build from there, much like our Project One program we have now. All of the photos of the frames available in the catalog don’t have a name designation on the top tube like the rest of the bikes in the lineup due to the fact that the bike models were differentiated via componentry. Eg: The Maillot Jaune came stock with Shimano Dura-Ace 10 speed, where the same frame was used for the Versailles, but came stock with an Ultegra/105 9 speed mix."

The frames were all the same between models, whether steel or titanium. The components made up the actual model. The serial number from my bike does not come up on their system, it truly is a mystery. May actually be a 1/1 white over carbon bike.

The rep from Trek was very polite, nice to know you can reach out and speak to a real person.