Thread: Packing a tent
View Single Post
Old 12-22-19, 01:37 PM
nun

Bikes: Rivendell Quickbeam, Rivendell Rambouillet, Rivendell Atlantis, Circle A town bike, De Rosa Neo Primato, Cervelo RS, Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
Thanks for the NCN heads up. A few times in the past I've read up on that network and read some accounts of the wide variation of types of "routes" including muddy cow paths.... So I've already gotten the impression that things must be taken with a grain of salt.
I always reckoned I'd ask more detailed route questions on some Brit cycling forums when I get serious about it.
but thanks again, appreciated

Muddy routes are often given by Google maps too. I’ve spent quite some time on dirt tracks in northern New England when following a Google bike route.

Might do LEJOG next summer as my family want me to visit the UK and it would be nice to combine that with a bike trip. I rode in the UK when I was young and also rode from London to North Yorkshire a few years ago. The roads are fine, just do what you’d usually do an avoid main roads with fast traffic. I stayed in motels, but for LEJOG I’ll probably combine hotels, hostels and camping.