View Single Post
Old 07-28-20, 11:58 AM
Synmag

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks for that. I just looked up the tiagra front gears I only see black photos for the 4400 which came out in 2001. The 4500 came out in 2006 so would that mean it could be from before 2007 or was the 4400 still being used after the 4500 came out? I'm going to have to find a good way to identify the group set when I look at it to help date it. Given that both are 9 gear cassettes are there any easy ways to identify the components?

The frame looks a bit crude to me with all the visible welding but that may have been normal for the time period? Though the shape of the back triangle looks an awful lot like my 2011 Cannondale's save vibration-reducing technology with the taper of the bottom bar between the crank and the back hub.

Regarding price, they are asking $800 which is about US$600. Bikes of this type with carbon forks tend to go for around $700/800 US$525/600.

I'm starting to get a funny feeling about it though as the seller is very slow in responding and it's been almost three days. Good bikes around here are sold very quickly.