Old 09-20-20, 03:37 PM
pierce
S'Cruzer

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 17 Posts
resurrecitng this year old thread.... my brother loves his setup. only problem its had in the year since build was the speed pickup magnet wasn't quite in the right place so it was marginal. I moved it to the correct place and it became much more robust and reliable.

So.... I finally pulled the trigger on a similar kit for my 700c Hybrid shown in post 17.... I ordered the TSDZ2 kit from eco-bikes with the 52-42 front.... my hybrid currently has a 48-38-28 triple, and a 13-26 8 speed rear (HG50-8 cassette "V", I think) I'm hoping I can leave it on 52T, adn the 13-26 (or maybe a wider range 8 speed) will be adequate with sufficient power assist to maintain a good clip..

not sure if I'll even put a shifter on the front, I might just have it as a manual, if the 52T turns out to be too tall, plop the chain down on the 42T for the rest of the ride. I'm not going to use a throttle at all, purely torque sensning, and I'm getting the version with the opensource firmware that lets you fine tune the torque/response curves. I plan on limiting the 750W motor to 500W. I ordered a slimmer profile Shark battery pack filled with 48V 14AH of Samsung 3500E goodness as I want this bike to stay on the light side so its still fun to ride.