Old 11-01-13, 12:12 AM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by msd3075
The tents they set up are huge hospitality tents, not small camping tents. Our entire team was under one tent.The entire fairgrounds is nothing but hundreds of huge white tents. I know on Saint Arnold's Facebook page they have several pictures in the MS150 folder that show the inside of the tents

People riding on their own will be using normal camping tents (if they pack them with their luggage), but pretty much all the teams, especially corporate teams, will has huge tents.

Inside your packet, you'll get a number tag to put on your bike. In Austin they'll load your bike into a Ryder-type moving truck to be driven back to your starting point, and you'll retrieve your bike with your number. Same thing with your luggage; you'll use your number to get it.
Cool.
I figured it would be like that - loading the bikes on a truck. Our corporate team will be taking the luggage back sunday morning from la grange. At least that's what his email said. It also said "your tent will be set up." So, I guess I'll have to ask. It's a small team - not a large company either. Right now I think there are 7 people registered to ride - with my wife and I being 2 of them...so they might not have a giant tent.
Do I need to bring a lock to lock our bikes up during the overnight? Or at any other times?