View Single Post
Old 11-02-13, 02:40 PM
msd3075

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by the sci guy
whats your view on clipless pedals for this? i imagine they're good for the riding part, but what about walking around at the rest stops, and saturday night? do you just pack and extra pair of sneakers in your luggage? we don't currently have clipless pedals/shoes, we just have oldschool platform pedals. but with the new bikes coming we were thinking up tying it out

I would highly recommend you get clipless pedals on your road bike. It'll make a huge difference on a long ride like the MS150.

I wore road cycling shoes that have exposed cleats (SPD-SL). Yes, I had to walk on my heals with my toes up in the air, but you won't be doing any significant walking at the rest stops where it should cause that much of a problem. I had a pair of shoes in my La Grange luggage and put them on as soon as I got in the tent.

You can get touring-type cycling shoes that have the cleat recessed into the sole of the shoe. While they might not be as light weight as road shoes, they'll make walking a lot easier if you think exposed cleats might cause you any issues.