View Single Post
Old 11-30-18, 01:36 PM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked 2,287 Times in 1,278 Posts
Originally Posted by exmechanic89
I agree. I don't need to ride an e-bike to know I don't like what they represent - another way for already overweight and out of shape people to skirt any kind of exercise. I'm all for e-bikes being classified as mopeds, which is essentially what they are.
One thing you may have overlooked. My wife and I are in our sixties and have been riding together for all of our 46 years together. My wife developed a severe case of arthritis and fibromyalgia about a dozen years ago and could no longer join me on my regular rides. We both ride road bikes of the vintage variety. She is not overweight and keeps herself in great shape for her disabilities. She can now join me as she has an ebike. She never uses it as a motor bike , she always pedals with the assistance of the motor. The bike allows her to ride( not fast) with just enough assistance to keep her from over exerting herself. I hope I never have to ride one , but if I were in her position I would get one and be proud to ride it. Just a thought , Joe