View Single Post
Old 02-22-19, 07:14 AM
borjita

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raxel
So here I summarize. Whatever magic Peter used to lower the production cost of helix tremendously (if he really did) can be also used by asian countries. And if such magic exists, big brands would have jumped in years ago.
I also wonder why established bike brands have not jumped on advanced manufacturing years ago. I'm shocked when I see Brompton building a new factory and still welding frames manually.

I'm as excited as Ultralight on the break-though in manufacturing that Helix brings, and I also agree with you that China is so advanced that they could do the same (cheaper and probably 2 years ago).

Innovation is a happy combination of factors, including a good dose of naiveness and drive, but specially a vision.
Maybe everybody in China is too busy manufacturing other things and nobody cares about the ultimate frame fold...

And if Peter had gone to manufacture in China, by now the market would be crowded with clones, as China traditionally ignores Intellectual Property (BTW, China is changing their position on IP, now that they are starting to innovate).