View Single Post
Old 03-17-19, 11:44 PM
GrolarBear

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by browngw
You are spot on with your comments about the paint. Large areas were peeled or chipped down to bare metal. It is like they did not use a primer, and it is thicker, like a powder coat. I have a cupboard full of paints I mix and match for cycle touch-ups. The black on this one is simply Rustoleum Gloss Black applied in multicoats with various widths of artist brushes. I also have almost as many nail polish bottles as my wife now. They work well for smaller areas. I have not found touch up paint for bikes yet although my 2017 Felt fattie came with a small vial with built in brush. Good luck with your "Acid Yellow".
Yea, you nailed it, it's like the alloy frame wasn't primed before it was painted or like it was powder coated too thick which causes to powder coat to pop off in large flakes/chips when it gets hit.

Since you use Rustoleum paint, I've found that their etching primer in a spray can works incredible on most bare metal surfaces, including aluminum.

The Acid Yellow is an in your face obnoxious almost fluorescent yellow... I like it :-P