View Single Post
Old 09-17-19, 05:43 PM
RiceAWay

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 81 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Oh bless your heart for thinking fenders say anything about one's ability to ride well.
Don't take my rough language too seriously. I had a very serious concussion in 2009 and nearly died before I got a good neurologist and he brought be back with the proper medication to prevent mini-seizures intersperse with gran mal. So I wasn't very lucid until about 2013 and have slowly working my way back to normal. Part of the symptoms of this sort of concussion is the easy loss of temper. But here it is September 17, 2019 and I think I've pretty much recovered though missing large patches of memory.

Are you going to race CX in deep powder? Who do you think would do better - a semi-knobby 30 mm or a 36 mm knobby? Of course the answer is - the best rider. I don't remember saying or even intimating that you could RACE as well on any of these tires. I said that you can ride off road on them. I will say that Jobst in his prime with that ridiculously old school gearing and huge bike would beat you or me hands down on any CX course under any conditions. And he would run 90 psi in those 1 1/4" tires. Most of the time equipment only makes a difference in equal ability riders and that not a whole lot.