View Single Post
Old 09-23-19, 04:39 PM
smoore

Bikes: Primary ride now a LOOK 585-Love it.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Boxkite
Yessir! I make and fly kites! I flew a boxkite that I rigged with LEDs and a 9 volt battery. I live in the country so to speak so when I'd fly it at night people in their cars would turn into my lane to see what was going on with all of these hovering blinking lights in the sky! My neighbor was a sheriff and would get 'UFO' calls. He knew what was going on and wouldn't give out my secret! When cars would get close to my house I'd just hide while flying the boxkite. It flew really well. If you ever tour around Winamac, IN then see it at the Tortuga Inn. I gave my kite to Glen and Linda of the Tortuga Inn so they could put it in their Kite Room. The have my 6 foot span Pteranodon kite, too! I have some 'Della Porta' style kites. I'll try to get some pics if anyone interested. Sorry for hijack!

HA, I'll PM you. Been flying since my 30s. Grandkids like it, my kids humor me and my wife just shakes her head. Flown them all but prefer single line, just like to see the laundry fly. Boxes and Deltas work for me.