View Single Post
Old 06-15-06, 11:23 AM
kingcrimbud

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WarrenG
Creatine does not add muscle. It may provide a slightly larger store of phosphocreatine (Pcr) which, in some situations may allow slightly longer efforts using the Pcr energy cycle, and MIGHT contribute to restoring the Pcr stores slightly faster, as in, 2 minutes instead of 3 minutes.

Glutamine is pointless for rides of less than 2-3 hours. You won't need the extra help from Glutamine unless you're training at least 10+ hours a week. You can easily eat enough carbs to restore your glycogen levels each day with training below these levels (unless you're training with lots of intensity for track racing).

Glutamine has nothing at all to do with decreasing muscle soreness. (try a google search on "DOMS") It merely enhances glycogen uptake under very stressful conditions and may supplement the immune system when the body's immune system is highly stressed by LOTS of training.
I never said creatine adds muscle. Creatine does however allow someone to grow bigger, faster. This is due to exactly what you said, you can worked harder, longer. When you do this, you grow bigger, faster.

Glutamine is not pointless. If it was, our body wouldn't create it already. No need to look up DOMS, delayed onset muscle soreness is nothing new to someone who has lifted weights seriously for 2 years now. I'm simply going by my own research (READING) and what has worked for me!

www.abcbodybuilding.com

=)