View Single Post
Old 11-17-08, 04:55 PM
scoatw

Bikes: 96 gary fisher 'utopia' : 99 Softride 'Norwester'(for sale), 1972 Raleigh Twenty. Surly 1x1 converted to 1x8, 96 Turner Burner

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
REVIEW OF THE Romisen RC-N3 CREE Q5 LED Flashlight

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/t...CREE-Q5/Detail
I'll tell you what. For $27 bucks w/shipping. This thing is excellent. It blows away the Cateye HL-500 Opticube that I replaced it with. The Opticube running on Alkalines would last about 3-4 weeks before the beam got weak. On the Ray-O-Vac Hybrids that I switched to. It would last about 10 days or so. Which was OK by me, because they're rechargeables. Good for about 1000 or so cycles. The Romisen on the Ray-O-Vacs lasts about 4 days before the beam gets weak. ( I have a 45 min. commute in the morning). And I'm satisfied with that. No big deal. Using rechargeable batteries, it seems you have an unlimited supply that beyond the initial costs, will cost you virtually nothing.
The flood on this thing is huge. And I can put the spot about 50-60 ft in front of me. Cars notice me, and it doesn't get washed out in streetlights. Great bang for the buck! I use the used inner tube for a mount cause it works better that the thing I got from DealExtreme for $1.90. So I feel that I didn't lose anything from that standpoint.