Old 05-25-18, 01:39 PM
markm75

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jefnvk
+1 on the Travel Contacts, unless you are regularly in mud or really soft sand. I haven't experienced many rail trails that would be in bad enough shape I wouldn't use Travel Contacts, they got me through some fun stuff in Iceland just fine.

That said, before I had those I had Forte Gotham ST, form Performance Bike, other than being a bit heavy they also ran nice over most surfaces: https://www.performancebike.com/shop...26x175-50-1393
I hadnt considered a tire like the Travel Contacts.. i figured not having some "knobs" on the center could be not so great in some spots.. The trail we ride on can be soft loam in spots and those mud sections where it lacks loam.. but maybe its a non issue.. i guess the question is, what do you lose by losing the center structure, just thick soft terrain forward momentum maybe? Only one way to try is to get them and see if she feels a difference.. I just really like the Specialized crossroads i have on my bike, but i only have super knobby old standard mountain bike tires to compare to.

I did see these and thought they looked solid, more structure in the center..

In that forte line at least on amazon i'm only seeing 1.75" wide.. hadnt considered going narrower than the 1.95 but maybe some advantages too