View Single Post
Old 02-18-19, 03:25 PM
GeorgeMD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ps249
Does anyone know if there are any known issues with this years models?
UPDATE:
I put the order in. I should be able to pick it up by February 19. I will post pics and reviews in the coming month.
So not to be a downer, I searched and noone mentioned that the steerer tube collar of the Carbon models with FutureShock were recalled (easy replacement repair at dealer).
Check with your dealer! (Edit:as a new user i cant post a link, trust me its real)

So what model did you end up getting? I started at the Comp X, was all set, then started researching more brands and thought I would go with Trek FX4 (22lbs), I looked at some more bikes, took a look here again and I dont know, something about this bike style wise gets me.

For me, my current setup came with 700x 38mm tires, and a simple fact is the Trek's come with 32mm tires and max out at 35 (not even sure you can go bigger on carbons from them).
Also if I want a 1x10 drivetrain and carbon with Trek, I need to get the FX6 @ 2300$ which brings me back to the value, against Trek Specialized does beat them in price by at least 100$ or more, maybe Im wrong
Headed to the dealer today.
I am lucky, they have a built X, as well as another carbon, both in Medium, so I got to wait a month.

Are these bikes ridiculously delicate? I know how to be super careful, and I dont even roll my 350$ bike off of curbs.
This bike will be used for exercise in a hilly suburban area, and the streets of Baltimore city (some potholes, lots of sidewalks where the traffic can be deadly) thanks!!!.......