Old 05-13-19, 12:06 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by PepeM
Funny should mention math. It reminds me of the little story related to the male/female controversy. Like a lot of students, math was my most feared subject. When I took it I knew it was going to be difficult so I resolve to go to the lab everyday if I had to. When I'd go there was typically several tutors available. I remember this one instance where I had a problem and needed help to solve it.

The tutor looked at the problem then solve it for me while rapidly speeding through the steps (which took about 2 minutes) and sent me on my way. Meanwhile, the girl from another table asked him for help with a problem and got a slow paced step-by-step explanation of how to solve the problem. When she still looked bewildered, he went over the steps a second time and didn't leave her table until she gave him the OK that she completely understood. He must have spent a good 20 minutes on that one problem.

Women (for obvious reasons) get hands on care whether they ask for it or not. In this lab, there were no female tutors ever, even though women outnumber males in college. The only female working in the math lab was the receptionist who wasn't even a math major.