View Single Post
Old 06-04-19, 09:49 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,437 Times in 819 Posts
Saddles are one of the most difficult things to fine comfort in. What works for me will not work for others. It is very size, body shape, bike fit, material, type of riding, position, etc., specific. See if one of your local shops has test saddles for you to try for a couple of rides. For me, I need narrow in the transition area, relatively flat on top and not too much padding. Most will agree that any saddle takes some time and miles to actual find if it is comfortable for you. I have saddles that I did not like and stopped riding them, only to give them another try later, and find that are comfortable if I give them a fair try. Others have been comfortable from the first use, to finding they are really bad for longer rides. The saddle is one of the most important aspects of riding a bike, and one of the hardest to get right. I have a couple of saddles that I paid a good bit for that are now just taking up space. I have one saddle that I bought new for $14 and is very comfortable. I use that one on my commuter, errands and beater bike.