Old 05-25-20, 07:26 AM
jackbombay

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked 459 Times in 268 Posts
Originally Posted by OldsCOOL
Many bows of obeisance in your general direction.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by OldsCOOL
Incredible ride. How’s your butt?
The original seat on the bike was a D+ or so, pretty bad for my butt, I went to a shop and they were almost sold out of seats, I knew this one wouldn't be great, but certainly better than what was on the bike when I bought it, this seat is a C+, maybe a B-, normally I spend more time out of the saddle but with my wooden rack and box on the back I had to ride in a very controlled manner when out of the saddle, so I didn't ride out of the saddle all that much. My butt feels fine right now, but as soon as I sit on that seat later today I'm sure I'll feel it.

Originally Posted by joesch
Very impressive ride on that extra heavy Schwinn Conti+. What tires and pressure?? Im guessing the hubs were still pretty smooth?
Tires are panasonic 27x 1 1/4, 90 PSI in the rear and 80 up front, tubes hold air great. I haven't pulled the wheels to feel the hub bearings. The bottom bracket sounded like a dozen bird calls when I got the bike so I dribbled some 15/40 weight diesel motor oil (theres always a gallon jug in the work truck) into both sides of it and it got quiet immediately at which point it was clear it was also way too tight, I adjusted it with a pair of slip joint pliers and it ran fine for yesterday's ride. I also lubed the chain with the 15/40 weight oil, makes for a filthy chain, but its great lube and at $15 for a gallon compared to $8 for 3 ounces of modern chain lube the choice was easy, besides, the bike shops here are all sold out of chain lube.
Likes For jackbombay: