Old 02-17-17, 11:03 PM
trail_monkey

Bikes: Soma B Side, Soma Wolverine, Salsa Fargo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by no1mad
Sounds like the ad service is serving up some that violates our agreement. If you post a screenshot of the offending ad(s), then IB will know exactly which ones that need to be pulled.

As far as the use of ad blockers goes, IB (the site owners) frowns on them. BF generates for more revenue through ads than membership premiums and it would be kinda hard to entice advertisers if we condoned the use of ad blockers.

For now, I imagine it is pretty much a honor system on not using ad blockers, but I imagine that eventually those using ad block will be prompted to disable in order to view vids or pics (already being done on other sites that I've visited).
This site has become my main bike forums site on the internet although I am a member of several. I used to be a regular and posted quite heavily on the mountain bike forums at mtbr.com. I'm sure they have to generate money off of advertisements too. But not once have I ever experienced this stuff going on when I'm on their site. Nor do I experience it when I'm on the bike packing.net site or any other site like that. It is just this site. But since this site seems to serve my main interests I will keep coming back. I only brought this topic up in the very beginning because I wanted to know if there was something going on with my phone or if it was really this site (which I truly believed was the problem). And after hearing so many of these other replies from everyone else I think I have confirmed that it is this website that is the problem.