Old 01-23-19, 11:53 AM
perspiration
already soaked

Bikes: 2011 Surly Crosscheck, 2014 Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Y'all are good at fueling the indecision goblins.

Gonna make sure the bike shop feels good about the 40-26 gearing with the derailleurs we currently have chosen.

I'm gonna see what the apples to apples cost comparison is of the hydros vs the mechanical. I think the hydros came as a full set, so $600 or so for the hoods, calipers, and rotors, but the mechanicals are like $430 for all three separately. That price difference isn't as great as I thought, and would let me go hydro. It's my only real "regret" potential for the build right now.

I don't see a huge aesthetic difference btween the Soma ergo brevets and the Nittos, maybe the slight bend on the tops? Maybe my taste isn't quite so discerning

Not going tubeless to start with, if tube-flats are a huge issue for me then I may consider it, but gonna go with what I know on this for now. Everything fails at some point, and a basic tube failure sounds less miserable than the tubeless failure. I'm sure this is a topic that has filled pages upon pages of different threads...

Looking at different racks now that a few votes against the VO rack have been brought up - the Nitto one looks nice, simple, and very adjustable. Gonna recommend to the shop we go with that and see what they think.

The A-600 are one-sided, right? That's no-go for me, I find it kind of annoying and am pretty much never not wearing bike shoes. Agree that SPD is pretty much what's up as far as clipless goes for now

How well does that Zao decaleur work with the M1 rack?