Old 02-17-19, 12:41 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3459 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
You can flip the stem upside down, that would allow you to move some spacers from above the stem to below it. The reason for that would be that you could cut off less steerer tube, then later if you decide you wanted the bars higher, you could flip the stem again. For that reason, I also like to leave an extra 10mm spacer above my stem, just in case.

Is that a taillight or reflector on the rear fender? I do not see mention of a taillight, but it looks a bit like a Secula. If it is a taillight, it looks like it might be aimed too high for the traffic behind you to see the brightest part of the beam, in which case there are a couple holes drilled in your fender in the wrong place. If it is a taillight, it should have a stand light so after riding it to charge up the capacitor, you can get off the bike and see where the brightest part of the beam shines.

Great looking bike.