View Single Post
Old 06-14-19, 08:07 AM
seamuis
aire díthrub

Bikes: Raleigh Competition, Pashley Roadster Sovereign, Mercian Vincitore Speciale

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by PeopleAreIdiots
Bit the bullet and got 'em. Check it out:

There are a bunch if these out there all from different brands. The ones I bought are the Jagwire ones. Adhesive appears to be genuine 3M and so far seems to be quite strong (I used 2 just in case. The clips that hold the cables are pretty large so I used some heatshrink to prevent the cable from rattling. My only concern is that the clips are plastic and dont look like they could handle being unclipped and reclipped.

Overall I like how this turned out. Cleaner than the ziptie. My only gripe is that I would have liked to place these more towards the back of the fork as opposed to the side but it made the cable housing rub on the head tube. Dont want that.
Looks good. I’ve considered those for a few different setups myself, but never ponied up the pennies. Let us know how they work more long term.

I know this is sacrilege, but if you moved the brake lever to the right side, you probably could have run the cable the way you’d like without rubbing. It would have to cross the head tube (appears to already do that) and be slightly longer, but would be better hidden on the fork blade. Not sure why it’s so common to run the front brake lever on the left side, when most people are right handed anyway. (no offence if you’re actually a leftie, or course) running my brake lever on the right hand side allowed me to run a very clean setup on my daily rider.