View Single Post
Old 03-21-20, 05:21 PM
greatscott

Bikes: 1984 Fuji Club, Suntour ARX; 2013 Lynskey Peloton, mostly 105 with Ultegra rear derailleur, Enve 2.0 fork; 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c, full Deore with TRP dual piston mech disk brakes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 71 Posts
First of all the cyclist kid was being a jerk. He runs the stop sign, looks at the cop when he calls for him to stop, decides to hell with the cop and keeps going. Then after he gets stops he decides to keep saying FU to the cop, while I don't see much in the way of resisting arrest going on, the kid was being a jackass to law enforcement on top of it, no respect whatsoever for police. Then the kid's father rides up, the kid says FU to the cop a couple of more times while the dad was there, if I was that dad I would have slapped my kid's face talking like that to a cop, but alas parents are weenies these days toward their kids which is why they don't respect authority.

Having said all of that, do I think the cop over reacted...yes I do, and the cop should have made it fair and wrote the other kid up as well, and maybe the whole crowd that rolled up later if they all ran the sign. Do I think the cop should lose his job? no, but maybe a unpaid leave of absence for a week will make him a bit more fairer in the future.

But I also wonder of the cop and that cyclist have some history, it seems like there was too much friction going on between those two to be a one time meeting.

No matter what some you think you have to obey the laws of the road just as any motorist would have to obey the laws UNLESS otherwise stated on a sign or some legal thing happened that allows cyclists to do something that motorists can't do. Obviously in the state where this video took place the law is you have to stop for a stop sign or a traffic light. A lot of you will baitch and complain that motorists hate you, well I'll tell you why they hate us riders is because we fling the vehicle code laws out the window when we ride and act like we're above the law then get all pissy when someone gets mad at us for for our bad actions! I see this everyday while either riding my bike or in my car how cyclist have no regard for the very laws they're suppose to be following. Act like law abiding citizens and maybe we'll have less motorists hating us due to the respect we'll get.
Likes For greatscott: