Old 04-07-20, 06:29 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,620 Times in 2,123 Posts
datlas Many years ago back in the early 80s, I was hit by the large side mirror of a cable tv van. I was knocked into the ditch. The van stopped about 500' or so down the road but didn't come back to check on me, but instead left after I picked myself up.The company was Continental which was one of the precursors to Comcast/Xfinity.

Luckily, it was winter and I was wearing numerous layers because we didn't have fancy tech clothes back then and I wasn't hurt but just bruised. I filed a police report but the sheriffs dept. suggested that I talk to the CATV office first and if I didn't get satisfaction to let them know.

I went in the next day and the office manager knew exactly who the driver was by the time and location. He told me that the driver had some "notes" in his file and may very well be terminated if the head office deemed it necessary but at the least he would probably get a "vacation" without pay if handled locally. By this time, I could tell that I wasn't damaged in any way so I said that I would let him handle it.

For a long time after, every Continental CATV van passed me as far over as possible so I assume they had an employee cycling talk of some kind.

Likes For Trsnrtr: