Old 07-18-19, 08:40 AM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 204 Posts
Given what you say here, if your primary goal is to get faster, I'd do the hard leg day on Sunday after your harder ride on Saturday. If cycling is your main goal, I'd also think about keeping Thursday hard. This doesn't necessarily mean you have to limit your leg work on Wednesday - you don't have to be fully recovered to ride hard on Thursday. But, if you feel you need to limit one, I'd limit the Wednesday lower body lifting (again, assuming cycling is your main goal).

But... I don't think it really matters much in the overall grand scheme of things. Do what fits your life/schedule/available free time/social aspects best. If going with buddies helps motivate you, then that is the best time to lift. The best training plan in the world means little if you're miserable, or it ruins your marriage. You're not a pro (and even they are often forced to train sub-optimally due to race/sponsor demands). Long term consistency is the most important thing, and that means doing what is (relatively) enjoyable and what you can fit into your life without too much disruption.