Old 10-14-18, 10:02 PM
daoswald

Bikes: 2008 Cannondale Synapse -- 2014 Cannondale Quick CX

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
I had about 1700 road miles so far this year, starting in April. In August I was on a night ride and hit a rock someone had chucked out into the street. It sent me over the handlebars and down hard into the curb. I had pretty bad road rash on my knees and elbows, and probably chipped the bone in my elbow. I road 7 miles home with an irreparable flat and bent front rim that rubbed the brake on every revolution. Replaced the wheels a few days later, and was back on the road, bandages and all within a week. I'm 50. I'm loving the new wheelset (Fulcrum Racing Quattro LG).

Aside from that incident, I have had no real problems this year. Occasional knee pain, but not enough to stop me getting back out there. I did notice a couple months ago that I have some bruises under one of my toenails. It probably came from my Sidis... they're a little on the small side for me. Switching over to a larger pair of shoes I have no issues.

Really the bigger injuries this year have been to my ego as I get passed by better riders.