Old 04-13-19, 08:55 PM
themp

Bikes: Specialized Crosstrail

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by irwin7638
I have never had any chronic medical conditions. I have chosen to have an annual checkup (covered by Medicare) every fall so if a condition is discovered it will be during the open enrollment period and I can choose the proper supplement plan to help with the coming year. If they change the coverage and procedure, I'll change my strategy.

Marc
The option of switching a supplement plan based on an annual checkup is state dependent. Seeing you are in Michigan I assume they allow this and the insurance company must take you. I know New York laws allow you to switch. But in North Carolina where I live, switching is not possible if your annual checkup showed any kind of serious medical condition(i.e. no insurance company will accept you). That is why I chose supplement plan G, which is the best plan at this point(Plan F is fading out in 2020 and those rates are going to go up as the number of Plan F folks gets smaller).

On the original question on Advantage plans, here is a link to a blog post from a person I trust, since I retired from IBM. I used his blog to make my decision.

ibm medicare options: IBM Medicare Via Benefits Extend Health Medicare Advantage Misery