Old 07-30-19, 08:38 AM
gequiroga

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I think you can safely mix and match classic touring gear and bikepacking setups to fit your needs. Both the marrakesh and the journeyman como with a great deal of places to attach things so you have versatility.

Consider what you need and where to carry it. You want heavy things secure and as low as you can, and you are more free with the lighter stuff.

I would go with the following setup:
Rear rack
full frame bag
handlebar harness
top tube bag
bottle cages on the fork blades and below the bb.

this way you can carry a good amount of water ( for example 2x 1 lt bottles on the blades and 1x 750ml at the bb, without even needing oversized cages)
You can carry sleeping gear, that is light and bulky on the handlebar harness.
this way, you use the front to carry things but without loading it with weight that could affect the handling.

on the framebag you can carry heavy stuff, like additional water in a bladder, tools, spares, electronics, tent poles, and food.

on the top tube bag you carry snacks, phone, wallet and that sort of things.

and in the rear rack, you can, according to your needs, use your commuter bag, panniers, or simply strap things.

This way, I think, you can mix between the comfort and ease of use of traditional rack set up and the minimalism and lightweight of bikepacking, and also leaving your bikes practical for commuting when not travelling.